Thursday, March 3, 2011

Organization

So here is what I have been up to the last two days. It wasn't an all-consuming, all-day project, but it was something I wanted to get done!
Organizing Grant's toy shelf. I found this beautiful organizational tool at a garage sale last year for only $5! I cleaned it up, and it has been wonderful for containing all of Grant's toys. The other day though, I came into his room and he had "dump!"-ed all the boxes onto the floor in a huge heap. Some of his friends were over (they insisted that he did it though...which I don't doubt) and were willing to help put everything back, but they didn't know where it all went. I am a huge fan of "everything has a place". I really think that things stay cleaner if there is a specific spot for everything. So...wha-la! Organized Toy Shelf! I think Grant likes it. :)
Speaking of organization (and I think he comes by it honestly) Grant is one organized kid! He recently discovered a hidden stash of binkies I had in a drawer. Now, every time before he gets into bed he has to go get the "hidden" binkies out. When he is done taking a nap though, he knows that these binkies stay in the crib...
And these go "back in".
He makes me put them back in the drawer as soon as he is done with his nap. It is so amazing to me that he know exactly which binkies go where, and that he is so responsible to make sure they get put away when he is done with them. The other day I went to pick him up at the baby sitter's house. He was still taking a nap. We went back into the room to get him. He immediately stood up, handed her his binkies, and said "bag". My organizational heart melts! :) I think he'll do well with the organization of the toy shelf.

What would a post be without a cute picture of my boy? I got out the Easter decorations yesterday (Paul informed me that Easter is still a while away...I know!), and Grant instantly bonded with this bunny. I asked him to hold his bunny so I could take a picture. This is what I got...

1 comment:

  1. Do you think Grant could help Ryan with his organization skills?? Such a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete