Monday, August 29, 2011

We're Expecting!!!

Most of you have probably already heard by now...but we are expecting another baby in March!!! We are very excited, and Grant is really excited to be a big brother! He always talks about the baby in Mommy's tummy, and he really likes to hug and kiss other babies that he sees. He is very gentle with them, so I hope that that means he will be that way with ours when it comes :) We won't find out until October what we're having. It's so hard to wait!

This is something my sister-in-law, Elizabeth, does with her pregnancies. I thought I would copy the fun idea! I'm not sure how often I'll remember to do it, but I will try to do it a few times at least.

How far along: 13 weeks
Total weight gain: 8 pounds. My doctor informed me at my last appointment that with my other pregnancy I was an "over achiever" and gained 45 pounds!! I am going to try and reign that in this time. Maybe blogging about it every once in a while will help keep me accountable. Although...I did start out much lower on my weight this time than I did with Grant...
Best moments this month: Seeing the baby on the high-tec ultrasound. They do the 3D and you can almost see what the baby looks like...although most of them look like aliens at this stage. It was so fun to see it kicking and moving around. Really strange though to see it moving and not feel anything.
Food cravings: Not really craving anything specific. I have been nauseous with this pregnancy, and I wasn't at all with Grant. I think most of the nausea is past now, but nothing sounds really good to eat yet.
Gender: Will find out October 20th
What I miss: Pop with caffeine. I love Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper. I know they aren't good for me, but I love them anyway! I have been drinking Sprite instead, but it's just not quite the same! Therefore I am not drinking as much pop...which is probably better anyway.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out whether it's a boy or girl, and feeling the first kicks/movements.
Milestones: Getting past the first trimester and nausea. Like I said before, I wasn't nauseous with Grant at all, so this was rather unpleasant and unexpected. I am definitely learning that not all pregnancies are the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment