Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Aubrie Turns ONE!

No, I haven't completely forgotten about my blog, but it has gotten pushed to the back burner a little. I think I got overwhelmed when we moved. There was so much to do in my "free" time that I didn't have time to sit and blog. Then there got to be SO much that I wanted to blog about, I was just too far behind.
Well, I'm back (for this moment at least!). And I have to tell you about an important event...
Aubrie turned ONE!!! Way back in February we celebrated her first birthday in our new house. Trying to move into a new house and plan a first birthday party was quite a challenge. But we did it, and it was fun!
Aubrie obviously couldn't give me much input into what the theme of her party should be. (When Grant turned one we had a dog party because "dog" was his first word.) I remembered seeing a circle party somewhere, and thought it was really cute. So that's what we did, and it turns out that "ball" ended up being Aubrie's first word. So it kind of fits. :)
I couldn't have done it without some great help though.




(Daddy and Poppop actually did help...I just got their relaxing before the party really started!)

We had circles everywhere! It was so much fun to come up with all the different ways of decorating with circles. Her cake even had circles inside! (Here you can get a peek into our "cabin-y" house.)











It was interesting squeezing everyone into our tiny little house. We had some outdoor activities going on, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Aubrie had fun opening her gifts and visiting all the people. It's so hard to believe that she is one already. Time has gone by so fast!








No comments:

Post a Comment