Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Morning Blessing

I came upon a blog series the other day titled 31 Days to a Better Photo. I would LOVE to be better at taking pictures (not the actual taking of them...because we all know I take enough, but the quality of them), so I started reading. The first day encouraged you to "take the photo". You can read it for yourself, but basically it said that the first step is to take the photos of the moments you want to remember. If you don't take the picture, you might not ever get a second chance. Right after reading that, I heard Grant waking up. One of the best moments of my day is going into Grant's room to get him out of his crib. He is (usually) so happy to see me and so cute! I thought I would "take the photo" and give you all a glimpse into the blessing that I get to enjoy every day. Mind you...I have not completed reading the rest of the 31 days, so my photography has not improved a bit.

Smiles first thing in the morning...what a sweet boy :) The first thing he does is hand me all of his implements...puppy, blankie, and whatever else he took to bed with him.
Then he gathers all his binkies (three to be exact) and puts them to the side of his bed for the next "nigh-night".
Another smile :)
And then we get his "milk-uh" and read "book-uhs".
He likes to put his "milk-uh" on the "tabee", but it must always be on the coaster.
When we're done, he puts his puppy and blankie "back in" and says "bye-bye".

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love it....that's exactly how it is! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. That is something I do miss a bit about those younger years. Once they are out of the crib they come to you. I always remember me coming to get them and them being so happy. David and I used to say they made us feel like rock stars. Now they come get me up and say good morning. Still love it each stage has its blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought you were your mom in that pic!!! twinsies.

    ReplyDelete