Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's A...

I'm sorry I am a little slow is getting this out. We had our ultrasound last week. The tech wrote down baby's gender and put it in an envelope. I spent the whole day with that unopened envelope on my counter waiting for my neighbor to get home. When she finally got home around 9:00 I took it over to her. After I left, she opened it and called her son. Her son is a baker. She told him baby's gender, and he made a cake. Inside that cake was either blue or pink icing...what would it be!?
My parents were coming down for the big reveal, so they picked up the cake in Roseburg (that's where the neighbor's son lives...long story about why I had him do it). They brought it into our house, and the cake sat on the counter for the rest of the day as we all went to a friend's house and watched the Duck game.
Isn't the suspense killing you?! (Well it might be if I hadn't already blabbed the results on facebook!)
We finally got home that evening, had some dinner, and cut the cake. Now I had been telling everyone and myself that either boy or girl was fine with me. I of course want a girl, because I have always wanted a girl, and I already have a boy...BUT I also thought it would be really nice for Grant to have a brother close in age. I think I had almost convinced myself that I really wanted either one...but as the day got closer I found that I was wanting a girl more and more. My doctor told me that the baby's heart rate was 134. I checked with a couple of friends, and they were pretty sure that meant it was a boy (although my doctor said that the heart rate thing is a total myth). I was honestly kind of bummed after that appointment. Later that week, my acupuncturist said that it was a girl...I decided I liked that prediction better. The night before the ultrasound I didn't sleep very well. I had three separate dreams that it was a boy. All that to say...I had finally realized that I wanted a girl and the day had finally come to find out!
Here is what I found when I cut the cake...
Can you see it? It's PINK!!! We are having a girl! :)
Here are some other pictures from our evening.
 Everyone was so patient while we ate dinner.

 Grant just wants the cake...he doesn't really care what color it is.

 I had everyone record their prediction.

 I wonder if my face would have looked the same had it been blue icing...?
 
 Grant showing off his pink icing...He actually talked about it being pink...I didn't think he would notice.

We are going to name our baby girl Aubrie Alaire Caswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment