Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pregnancy Update!

I realized after I wrote that title that some of you are probably expecting to read this and have some huge secret revealed...ie...the sex of the baby. Sorry...just a regular update on where things are at the moment. Soon...I promise!

How far along: 20 weeks...half way! Whoo-hoo!

Total weight gain: 11 pounds. I feel like I gained most of that right after I found out I was pregnant, and now it has leveled off. I'm sure it will go up quite a bit once this little one really starts to grow!
Best moment this month: I can feel the baby moving! I honestly started feeling it around 14 weeks, which is so much earlier than Grant (18 weeks). I think I just knew what it felt like and recognized it sooner. Ever since...this little one has been kicking up a storm and doing somersaults. I absolutely love it! The best feeling! :)
Food cravings: None. I don't know why, but I didn't really have any with Grant either.
Gender: Will find out next week! Promise to keep you all informed :)
What I miss: Being able to pull something out of my closet and have it fit the right way! I am way beyond excited for my changing body shape because of what it means, but on the other hand I can't find anything to wear! My maternity clothes from Grant are all HUGE (which in a way is good that I am not fitting into them yet) and my other clothes are simply not fitting!
What I am looking forward to: Finding out what the baby is! We have our ultrasound next Thursday, and we will be revealing it with our families on Saturday!
Milestones: Reaching the halfway point and feeling the baby move. Pregnancy doesn't really start to feel real to me until I can feel the baby wiggling. I wonder how it ever feels real to dads...?

Stay tuned next week...what will it be? Any guesses?

2 comments: