Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Man Work

Doesn't it always seem that at the worst possible time for something to go wrong, things go wrong? It seems like Paul and I are always getting hit with things right when we really don't need it.
For example, last year we were really needing to buy a new computer. Ok...maybe not a "need", but ours was SO slow and there are things that we need to get done on the computer (like blog for instance!) that took so much longer than they needed to. So, when I was presented with the opportunity to take a two week subbing job, I jumped at the chance thinking that we could use the extra money to buy a computer! Right after I finished the two weeks...our air conditioner broke. All of the money I had just made went to buy a new one. At first I was so upset! I had thought that God brought along that subbing job so that we could afford a new computer. Come to find out, He knew best (imagine that), and He knew that we would need that money to buy an air conditioner.
So I have been noticing for a while now that every time I do laundry there is a little puddle of water on the floor. I showed Paul a few times, and he just said not to worry about it because it wasn't a lot and we couldn't really afford to do anything about it now anyway. (Our washing machine is in the garage, so it wasn't causing too much damage.) Little by little, we noticed more and more water until it was creating quite a large puddle and running through the garage. We decided that it was time to bite the bullet and do something about it. Paul spent a weekend taking it apart, watching YouTube videos, and trying to fix it. He finally told me, "I guess we need to buy a new washing machine." Our last hope was his dad. He came over, and in no time at all they had found where the leak was coming from. The next weekend Paul was able to buy the new parts (for only about $12!) and fix our washing machine! I was so thrilled, because needless to say...there haven't been any two week subbing job offers lately. The Lord is so good to us!
Well, my original intent in writing this post was to show you what was happening while Paul was fixing the washing machine. Grant has been all about Daddy lately. Paul asked him if he wanted to go do some "man work" with him in the garage. He did, of course. I had to go get some pictures of Grant and Daddy doing "man work". Grant was so excited to be helping Daddy and kept saying over and over how he was doing "man work". Here is the cute scene I found in the garage:



Let me just add to this really long post by saying how much I love my husband! How many men would just want to get the job done and wouldn't want their toddler in the way? Paul is always so patient with Grant and loves giving him opportunities to help. When he gives him those opportunities, Grant gets the chance to learn and spend time with his dad...which he LOVES! Sure it would have been faster for Paul to just do it himself, but what a special time would have been missed if he wouldn't have taken the time to teach Grant how to do "man work".
I'm not done yet :)...Since I'm bragging on my husband I need to tell you one more thing. Last weekend was his sister, Heather's, birthday. She wanted to go to lunch with her mom, mother-in-law, and me to celebrate. Her husband was working though, and that meant that she would need to bring her two year old twins along. Paul, being the wonderful man that he is, agreed to watch Grant and the twins so that the ladies could all go enjoy lunch. Daddy Daycare! Isn't he wonderful? :)

1 comment: