Monday, April 23, 2012

Grant Lately

Grant loves being a big brother. He is so sweet to Aubrie. He loves to kiss her (which is very slobbery by the way...if you know Grant, you know this) and hug her. We have had to work on hugging gently and not throwing things at her for her to catch. But he is never trying to hurt her and genuinely wants to love on her. Every time I put him down for a nap or for the night, he wants me to bring her into his room so that she can lay on his bed while we pray and sing songs. Then he never wants me to pick her back up. He says "No! I want her to sleep with me!"

He is also very into dressing up and acting silly. His newest phrase is "I'm the roughest, toughest cowboy ON THE RANGE!" He gets this really funny scrunched up face when he says the last part extra loud.




He is such a hoot! Going from a family of three to a family of four has definitely been an adjustment for all of us, but we are doing well now. Grant found it frustrating that I couldn't take care of him like I usually do (as did I) and took it out on Daddy and Gammy. We had some discipline issues that needed to be addressed (and we are still working on them), but overall things are much better. Please keep our family in your prayers as we go through this adjustment, and pray especially for Grant as this seems to be the most difficult for him. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment