Friday, April 13, 2012

A Wonderful Week

So I know I am a little behind on my posting. Turns out that life with two kids is pretty busy! :)

The Hospital
Aubrie's first week of life was full of many memories (at least the ones I can remember through my fog of pain medication!). We were in the hospital for two nights and three days. I was really thankful for the extra help I received with nursing during the time we were there. When I had Grant we stayed one night and left the next day. I felt like we went home without nursing really getting established and it kind of went downhill from there. This time when we left I felt like Aubrie was nursing well and things were going to go much better.
This time around our stay in the hospital was full of wonderful bonding time. When I had Grant my family was all here and wanting to hold him all the time. (Family - don't take this wrong, I loved that you were here!) But I felt like I didn't hold him as much as I should have and wanted to. I wanted my family to be able to hold him while they were here, but as a consequence I didn't bond with him myself right away. When Aubrie was born on a Wednesday people were all busy working and couldn't come visit until the weekend. That gave us a great chance to bond. Our three days in the hospital were really special with Paul and me getting to hold Aubrie a ton! So, other than Paul having to sleep on an uncomfortable gurney, it was a wonderful time. :)


 




Going Home!
It is both a little scary and exciting to take a newborn home from the hospital. On one hand I was definitely ready to be in the comfort of my own home and not have nurses waking me up to take my vitals at night right when it seemed I had just fallen asleep. But taking such a tiny little life home is a huge responsibility! And I well remember the difficult first weeks of Grant's life. I was more than a little scared to start that all over again. But we all must leave the hospital and begin our new life...





Stacie Way
When we got home, my family was waiting anxiously to meet Aubrie.  They loved how small and sweet she is. Grant was really excited to finally have his sister home. He wanted to hold her a little, but most of all he wanted to play with his Aunties.






At Last!




1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, that just brings back the memories of that week!! She's already grown so much! Those are precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete