Monday, October 22, 2012

Summer's End

Since we had such a busy first and middle part of summer, we decided to take it easy for the end. Actually, the necessity of painting our house called for it. I'm sure we wouldn't have slowed down one bit if it were up to us. Paul spent every spare minute prepping and painting our house. It looks so nice now that it is done, but boy did it take a lot of work! Thankfully Paul has a friend who owns a sprayer and was able to help him with that part.
So many of our weekends and evenings were spent hanging out at home while Daddy worked on the house.

 Aubrie got her first taste of food! We gave her baby oatmeal, and she was really into it right at first. Her enthusiasm has waned a bit, but she is doing well with solids overall. I was one of those crazy moms who made her baby's food when Grant was a baby. And I guess I am still crazy, because I decided to make Aubrie's as well. I don't want her to feel less important! :) I have the wonderful baby food maker that my mom gave me when Grant was little, and it makes the process pretty easy.

 The kids did get to get out a little bit at the end of the summer. We visited all of their great grandparents the last weekend of August. Great Grandpa and Grandma Caswell were our first stop. We visited them in Roseburg. It was their first time seeing Aubrie.

Then we made our way to Florence for GG's birthday party and some fun playing at the beach.


The Johnson Girl Cousins

 

 And now for some really big news that happened this summer...Grant finally let Mike the barber cut his hair! If you have been following my blog for a while, you know the struggles we have had with Grant's hair. He did very well, and his hair looks great!

My baby is growing up! She started sitting all by herself! She is such a joy to have in our family. She is quick to smile and laugh, and loves to be held. She loves Grant so much, and anything he does makes her laugh. He loves her just as much. He is protective of her and likes to entertain her (sometimes).


No comments:

Post a Comment