Thursday, September 27, 2012

BB Getaway

Going to Black Butte is one of my favorite things to do. It is a ranch in Central Oregon where my grandparents built a vacation house. I grew up going there in the summer, winter, and any other time we could get there. The house is like a second home to me. It is so nice to go there and feel at home without all the pressures of actually being at home. My favorite pastime there used to be sitting and reading, whether it was out on the deck or in front of the warm fireplace. Now...with two kiddos...I don't get to do much of that. We find other things to keep ourselves busy!

I was majorly slacking when we went to the pool, so I don't have any pictures of it. But...we had a great time at the pool. Grant tried out all of his new swimming moves, and Aubrie splashed around showing off her cute suit and smile.

Bike riding is another fun activity. It is becoming one of Grant's favorite things to do. He has a balance bike, which is a bike that doesn't have any pedals, so he has to balance on it. The idea is that he will be able to move right into a regular bike without ever having to use training wheels. He is really really good at it too! He can glide for quite a while with his feet up. One morning we decided to ride to the lodge for breakfast. It is a good 20 minute ride for us big people, so it was a really long ride for him. He almost made it the whole way! He did get tired though, and Auntie Kate helped him out. It was so much fun riding through the meadow. I can remember going on family bike rides with my parents and siblings through that same meadow many years ago. And the view of Black Butte Mountain is beautiful! Aubrie loved riding in the pack. She kept looking around and was really happy the whole time!





And we always have some good hangout time at the house. Like I said...it feels like home, so it is comfortable and very relaxing.


We had a wonderful time with Gammy and Auntie Kate. What a spectacular way to get away and enjoy ourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment