Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And...We're Back!

Well...after my last posting, no one responded with ideas of what I could write about. I didn't purposefully mean to not write for a while after that, it just happened. But finally my friend, Rachel, who is an English teacher, sent me a huge list of topics! I won't be writing every day, but maybe once a week. I am also going to try and keep more up to date with our family adventures while I do the topic writing. Thanks Rachel for all the ideas! This will be fun :)

The first topic from Rachel is A Memorable Wedding or Funeral. I haven't been to many funerals, thankfully, and I don't really want to recall the ones I have been to. But weddings...that is right up my alley. Although I have to admit, once I got married, my fascination with weddings has been severely decreased. I used to dream about weddings all the time. I was always coming up with ideas for my own wedding some day in the future. I used to buy wedding magazines just because I liked to look at them. I loved going to weddings. Even if I didn't know the people very well, I still enjoyed going. There was one wedding in particular though that was especially memorable. It was a fall wedding. I had never been to a fall wedding, or even really thought about one, but I am sure if I had thought about one I would have thought that it would not be a pretty one. Orange for a wedding color?! Pumpkin decorations?! No thanks! This fall wedding though was beautiful! It made me seriously reconsider my visions of a spring or summer wedding. There were small twinkle lights everywhere with tons of candles. They did have a carved pumpkin display, but it was very tastefully done. This wedding happened before I even thought about having a digital camera, so I don't have any pictures of it. I looked up some fall weddings online though, and found some pictures to give you an idea of how beautiful a fall wedding can be. The wedding I went to certainly made an impression on me. I didn't end up having a fall wedding myself, due to the perfect timing of a summer wedding for a teacher, but it would have been my second choice.

I also found this when I searched for fall weddings...SO SCARY!!! Definitely NOT the kind of fall wedding I would enjoy...maybe memorable though...

P.S. I know that some of you who read my blog actually had a fall wedding...send me some pictures and I would be glad to put them on here in addition to these people's that I don't even know!

2 comments:

  1. I too LOVE weddings!!! Unlike you though, I still dream about them...I wish Ryan and I could get married all over again cause there are so many cute things that I wish I would have done...I'll send you over some pics of our fall wedding =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall weddings are my favorite by far (and I go to a lot of 'em!).

    So glad you're back! And, by the way, I just copied and pasted those topics from a website, so if there are any you don't like, don't think it will hurt my feelings or anything! Just didn't want you to feel obligated... like I gave you an assignment! LOL!!!!!

    Can't wait for you to blog about your mom's group!

    ReplyDelete