Sunday, January 2, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

It's the moment you have all been waiting for (I just know it!)...the final blog in my 30 Days of Blogging. You all probably thought that I forgot this last one. But let me tell you, things have been a bit crazy around here. What with the flu hitting all of us, four Christmas celebrations, two New Year's celebrations, and finding out that my grandma fell, had to have surgery, and is spending some time in the hospital, I've had many other things to think about. But here it is...finally!

Day 30: A Picture

Yep, that's it...pretty easy. This was on the New Years Day hike we took yesterday. Just the three of us went out to Jacksonville to explore the woodland trails. Grant had a great time hiking and stomping in the mud puddles. He was a great navigator :)

So...that's the end of my 30 days. It took a little longer than 30 days, but at least I finished. I had a lot of fun doing it, and some of you have told me how much you enjoy following along. I had an idea...not sure if I'll do it yet though. I was thinking of continuing blogging in this type of way...not just updates of what our family is doing, but thoughts from me also. I wouldn't do it as often as every day, but it would be as often as I have time. The only problem is that I don't have the time or capacity to think of interesting topics. That's where you come in! In the comment section at the bottom of this post, give me a list of ideas you would like me to blog about. I will blog the lists you give me, and some of my own ideas, until they run out. Maybe some of you could find a way to include Paul in some of these posts too :)

I realized that I have really slacked on keeping up with what our family has done this past month. What a busy month! I will have to catch you up in the next few posts. Hope you all have a wonderful beginning to a new year!

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it's been 30 posts already? That went too fast! I'll try to think of some topics for you to blog about. Can't wait to see you guys Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I miss your blog posts! Let's see..you want writing topics? You asked the right person--an English teacher! Now get busy, girl!!!!

    a memorable wedding or funeral
    one minute of a football game (or other sporting event)
    your first day at a new school or college
    your first day at a new job
    your last day on a job
    a disastrous date
    a moment of failure or success
    an encounter that changed your life
    an experience that led to renewed faith
    a strange job interview
    an experience that demonstrated how labor-saving devices can be more trouble than they're worth
    an experience that left you disillusioned
    an embarrassing experience
    a frightening experience
    a memorable journey
    an encounter with someone or something you were afraid of
    an occasion when you experienced rejection
    your first visit to the country (or to a large city)
    the breakup of a friendship
    an experience that showed how we should be careful of what we wish for
    a significant misunderstanding
    a dangerous experience
    an experience that showed how appearances can be deceiving
    an account of a difficult decision that you had to make
    an event that marked a turning point in your life
    a historic event
    a memorable encounter with someone in authority
    an act of heroism or cowardice
    an imaginary encounter with a real person
    a rebellious act
    a brush with greatness
    a brush with death
    a time that you took a stand on an important issue
    an experience that altered your view of someone
    a trip that you would like to take
    a vacation trip from your childhood
    an account of a visit to a fictional place
    your first time away from home
    two different versions of the same event
    a traffic accident
    a day when everything went right (or wrong)
    an experience that made you laugh until you cried
    the day you decided to change your life
    the experience of being lost
    an unexpected encounter
    surviving a hurricane or a tornado (or other natural disaster)
    an experience that taught you a lesson
    an important discovery
    an eyewitness account of an important event
    an experience that helped you grow up

    ReplyDelete