Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kitchy-Kitchy Koo

If you don't know this about me already...I like to be organized. Things just feel better when everything has it's place. I don't know how many hours I have spent organizing drawers, cupboards, closets, etc....but I love it! When I look into an organized space and can tell exactly what I have I get so giddy. When I need to put something away and there is a perfect spot for it (I don't have to cram it in) I am so excited. Ok...so I'm weird. :)
Anyways...last month our mom's group had a lady come who talked to us about pantry organization. At first I wasn't all that excited because I don't have a pantry. She quickly assured us that any space can be considered your pantry no matter how big or small it is. I was inspired by her talk and went home to tackle my kitchen cupboards. Now, my cupboards probably aren't as bad as some, but they bothered me (no big surprise). I couldn't wait to get my cupboards looking beyond good.
Here is how they looked BEFORE...
 
 Like I said...not TOO bad, but I was not satisfied. Especially with this little area...
 It was impossible to find anything in that mess without pulling everything out. And really, who has time for that?!
And so I began. I started by getting rid of everything that was old/expired or I just knew I wouldn't use. I repositioned some things to make everything fit better. I put all those dry ingredients (which were previously in bulk plastic bags) into jars and plastics. I used my amazing label maker (a birthday gift from Paul) and made sure that I could tell exactly what was in every container. It looks so much better! And every time I open my cupboards I get a little smile on my face. I know...I'm weird. :)
Here is the AFTER...

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! How did you have time to do that?!?!
    I have some cupboards that need organizing :)Love you!

    ReplyDelete