Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Didja get wet?!

For as long as I can remember, every time I went to a baby or bridal shower my dad would say, "Didja get wet?" as soon as I got home. My dad has these funny things that he says that can always get me laughing. :) Thanks Dad! I love you! :)

Now on to the real reason for this post...I was so incredibly blessed to have three beautiful showers for Aubrie and myself. I was a little nervous about having showers for a second child...do people do that? But I figured since I had all boy stuff and I was having a girl, it would be okay. Some wonderful ladies offered to throw me a few showers. They went above and beyond what I would have expected, and all of the showers were absolutely lovely! I can't thank them enough! :)

My first shower was in February before Aubrie came. My good friends, Wendie and Rachel, threw this one for me. I was blessed to have many of my friends from all the different "areas" of my life. I had friends from bible study, "Paul's" river friends (who are actually my friends too), Florence friends, church friends, and anyone else I missed. My longtime friend, Michelle, flew down from Portland to make it to the shower! Wendie made the most amazing decorations, and the detail she put into everything, even down to the games we played, was amazing. I have never been to a cuter shower...thanks to Wendie and Pinterest :)...and how lucky am I that it was for me?!






The second shower was after Aubrie came. I remember growing up and going to showers after the baby came. Back in those days (haha...like I am so old!) women didn't usually know what they were having, so it made more sense to have a shower afterward so that you could get specifically boy or girl things for the new baby. Plus, it's super fun to be able to see and hold the new baby! My mother-in-law, Jone and one of our good family friends, Sabrina, threw this shower for me. There were a lot of Paul's family there, and some of Jone's friends. Paul's sister, Sheila, and niece, Marissa, even came down from Keizer for the event. It was really fun having Aubrie there for everyone to meet. She was a good girl and even let people hold her! :) It was another beautiful shower with many special touches. My mother-in-law always goes all out on the food and pretty decor. This shower was no exception.








And finally, I had a shower for all of my Florence friends and family. Our lifetime family friend, Sandy, threw this shower for me. Some of my family was able to be there, including my two sisters who came home especially for the shower, and lots of good friends. Sandy's decorations were so cute and unique. She didn't do the typical pink thing, she went with a multi-colored, kind of a rainbow theme. It was so much fun to have something different. Aubrie was at this shower also, and it was fun for people to get to hold her.







As I said before, it was such a blessing to be thrown these showers. Everyone was so generous, and we now have everything we need for little baby Aubrie. More than anything, it was fun to get to spend time with family and friends...and we didn't get wet Dad!

1 comment:

  1. As Mom always said, "Toot toot for the loot!"
    :)
    You have wonderful friends!!!

    ReplyDelete