Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Blogging!

So...I am trying a new thing. My sister-in-law, Elizabeth, approached me about doing this 30 Day Blogging Challenge. We both like to blog, and she thought it would be fun if we did this together. Since she lives in Cincinnati, it gives us a way to connect even though we don't get to see each other all the time. There is a topic each day that we will both blog about. (We might skip holidays though.) I have been so excited to do it, and I could hardly wait for Grant to go down for a nap today so I could start! I did make a mistake though...I looked at Elizabeth's blog before I wrote mine. Now I am totally intimidated. I am worried that I am not going to be as cute, funny, profound, and original as she is. But...I am going to give it a try anyway. If you want to follow Elizabeth's blog along with mine, click here. But don't judge me! :)

Day 1: Introduction, Recent Picture, 15 Interesting Facts

(Disclaimer: If you already follow my blog, most of this probably won't be news to you.)
My name is Courtney. I was born in a small coastal town, went to college in a small town/city (?), and moved to a small city once I married my wonderful husband, Paul. We have an adorable son named Grant. He is 18 months old and a total crackup. I love Jesus, my family, Christmas, reading, shopping, going to coffee, and blogging. I used to be a full-time teacher, and am now just subbing once in a while. I couldn't be more blessed to be a full-time mommy. I love my life and where I am right now, but always look forward to the ways in which the Lord wants to stretch me and the places He wants to move me.

Here is my most recent picture. It was taken last night at our friends' (3 of them) birthday dinner. I am on the left, my friend Andrea is next to me, and two of the birthday people, Rachel and Kacey, are on the right.

1. I play the piano...I took lessons for 11 years, but don't feel like I can play as well as I should with all those lessons.
2. I always have to load the dishwasher in the same way and get it as full as possible before I can start it.
3. I love using my crock pot for dinner. There is just something about getting all the work done early in the day and doing little to no work right before dinner...I have dinner in the crock pot as I write
4. I decorate my house for almost every holiday...Valentines, Easter, Halloween/Thanksgiving, Christmas
5. I recently discovered my love for garage saling...I have found some great (cheap) stuff!
6. I love to entertain...dinner with dessert and a game is my favorite
7. I am content sitting down in a comfy chair and reading ALL day long.
8. I am getting really good at drawing the Sesame Street characters...at least Grant loves them!
9. I love burning candles, especially the ones that smell good
10. I get annoyed when people leave the shower curtain open at my house...I don't care how you leave your shower curtain by the way
11. I love hanging out with other mommies and picking their brain at every stage
12. I used to want to be an art major, but realized that I didn't know what I would do with it, so decided to go with my long time interest of teaching.
13. I was the Rhododendron Queen in 2000
14. I lived in Japan for 6 months
15. My favorite time of day is in the morning before Grant wakes up, Paul and I sit on the couch together and read our bibles.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I will thoroughly enjoy the next 30 days of your blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so exciiiteeeed! You did great... i love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete