Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yum Yum

Day 5: My Favorite Recipe

One of my friends told me, after I wrote my first post on this 30 days of blogging, that I should post my favorite crockpot recipe. In my 15 interesting facts I said that I loved cooking with my crockpot. In fact, tonight we ate a meal from the crockpot. So I will post the recipe we had for dinner. I don't know for sure that it is my absolute favorite recipe, but it is really good (and fresh in my mind)!

White Chili

3 15-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained
8 oz. cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell peppers
2 jalapeno chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips

1. Combine all ingredients except sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chips in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours, or High 4-5 hours.
3. Ladle into bowls and top individual servings with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chips.

Hope you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment