Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life Happens

If you didn't happen to notice...I didn't post yesterday. I could go into all the details of why I didn't get it done, but let's just leave it at I had other things to do that just took precedence over my blogging...Sorry! But now you get to read two in a row! :)



Day 7: Favorite Movies



My all time favorite movie is Gone With The Wind. I have no idea what first got me started on it, but I have watched the 4 hour movie many, many times, AND the 6 hour sequel just as much. I love the time period and the fact that it is historical fiction. I might as well learn something while I watch a movie, right? Here is a little known fact about me and Gone With The Wind...my mom made me a Southern Belle costume when I was in 8th grade so I could be Scarlett O'Hara.



My other favorites change quite often. At any given time I might say a different movie. At the moment, You've Got Mail comes to mind. This is one of those movies that I like to watch when I am sick. When I am sick I don't like to watch movies that I really have to pay attention to. With You've Got Mail I can watch it, sleep a little, wake up and know exactly what is going on. Meg Ryan stays home with a cold in the movie too, so maybe that's why I think of it when I am sick.



Father of the Bride, Part 2 makes me laugh every single time I watch it. Steve Martin is so funny, and even though I know what he is going to say, I laugh anyway. Frank is hilarious also, and the combo of the two of them puts that movie near the top of my favorites.



I am sure there are other movies that I have said are my favorites at different times, but these are the ones I can think of at the moment. Ask me another day.




Day 8: A Place I've Traveled To

Probably the most unusual place I've traveled to is Japan. I don't know many people that take trips there (other than all the people I met there on my trip). My Uncle and Aunt used to take yearly trips to Japan with groups that worked at a missions conference. I decided to go with them when I was a junior in college. I really enjoyed it and decided to go again the next year. The summer after I graduated I was asked to return to Japan to teach for a while. Through a long string of events, I ended up living in Japan for 6 months. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I loved my time there! Someday I would love to take Paul there to show him what a small part of my life was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment