Sunday, December 5, 2010

Behind Again!

I feel as if I need to explain why I have missed days of posting here and there. As a mother of an 18 month old it is very difficult to sit down and actually put thought into a posting while he is awake. So, I try to do it while he is taking naps. There are certain days though when there is much more that needs to be done, besides posting, while I have the chance. The only other time I can post then is after Paul gets home and he can entertain Grant. Therein lies the third problem...Paul likes me to spend time engaging with the family, not my computer....which I totally understand! So it happens that on days like yesterday I don't get to my computer at all. I want to show my family that they are a higher priority than my blogging :) There you have it...my excuse. Please forgive me if I have to post two topics in one day from here on out. I'm not going to make any more excuses.

Day 12: What I Believe

Yikes! This sounds like a topic where I need to be really insightful and intelligent sounding. I don't know if I can do that...
The first thing that comes to mind, and it might be kind of a "duh" statement, but I don't want to post about what I believe without putting it front and center...I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He came to Earth to die for MY sins (along with the sins of the whole world). I believe that He loves me more than I could ever understand, and that because of that love and His sacrifice I will one day live forever in heaven with Him. (I am kind of scared that someone reading this will find many theological faults with how I just put all of that...oh well!)
I also believe that, after God, marriage and family should be the first priority of husbands and wives. This is something that Paul and I have really had to adjust to after getting married and especially after having Grant. We were both living our own lives, doing whatever we wanted with our time and weekends, and are realizing that once you get married and have a family, sometimes you can't do whatever you want (or at least you shouldn't).
I believe that having friends who support you and have the same beliefs as you are invaluable. I don't know what I would do, especially as a new mom, without my friends who give me time to talk and work through difficult issues.
I'm sure if I sat here longer I could come up with more, but as my time on the computer is limited, I think I better move on to the next topic...

Day 13: My Love Language

I am not really sure. I have heard about love languages from many people, but I have never actually read the book or taken the test to see what mine truly is. (Side note...I am reading it right now with my small group, so soon I will be able to update this post.) With what people have told me about the love languages though, I reluctantly say that mine is "Gifts". I am reluctant to say that, because it sounds so selfish! Hopefully after reading the book, if it does end up that that is what mine is, it will make more sense to me and sound less selfish. All I know at this point is that I really feel loved when people think of me enough to give me a gift. It doesn't have to be anything fantastic or expensive. It is just the thought that they were thinking of me. On the flip side, I love buying for others...which has been hard since I stopped working. We just don't have the money to buy everything I would like to buy for people.
If you are reading this and have never heard of "The Five Love Languages" you should really check it out. From what I've read in the first two chapters, it is essential to any successful relationship. I hope to gain valuable insight for my own relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment