Friday, December 17, 2010

What I've Learned

Day 24: Something I've Learned Recently

I have learned the importance of spending time with the people you love. It's something I have always known, but this past week it was really brought to light when one of Paul's best friends died. Paul and Davy grew up together, their parents were friends before they were even born, they did so many things together it is hard to even remember them all. In the past few years, as things go in life, they hadn't been able to spend much time together. We saw Davy and his wife Lindi this summer when both our families went camping together. That was the last time we saw him. Paul had called him once since then, but hadn't ever connected. Of course it wasn't Paul's fault, but he felt bad that he hadn't seen him since summer. I'm sure he would give anything to have one more adventure with Davy, but now he won't have the chance. I don't mean for this post to be a total downer, but I do want to express my feelings about being with the important people in your life. You don't ever know when the people you love will breathe their last breath. Take advantage of the time you have with them, and spend time with them. You won't ever regret the time you spent with a friend.

We will miss you Davy!

No comments:

Post a Comment