Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moms

Day 22: Something I am Passionate About

I am passionate about moms (especially new moms) having a group of other moms they can talk to about anything having to do with babies, husbands, and whatever else they want. After Grant was born I attended a mom's group at his pediatricians office. It was so nice to meet with other moms who didn't care if I was showered and dressed that day. They didn't care if my child screamed when I tried to nurse him. They didn't care that I would sometimes come in with tears in my eyes because I had such a hard time getting out the door to make it to the group. I would always come away feeling so refreshed and excited about being a mom. It was so much fun to see all the other babies, all at different stages within their first year, and see where Grant had just been or would soon be developmentally. I don't know what I would have done without that group!
Since going to that group, I have made it a priority to keep meeting with other moms. Now, since Grant is older, it is a great way for him to learn to play with other kids, but I also get the chance to discuss kid stuff with my mom friends or just simply complain. They can always sympathize, and will usually give me some kind of advice that I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere else. My time with friends has become invaluable to me as a mom.
I have really felt the Lord leading me in this area also. There are a couple of mom's groups that I have attended in the area. When I'm there I always think, "Why doesn't my church have something like this?" So, I have decided to pursue starting one at my church. It is still in the beginning stages, but I am super excited to begin this adventure and feel as if I am following the Lord's leading in my life. If you think of it, please pray for me as I get things started. I have no idea what all it will entail, but I know the Lord will equip those He has called.

No comments:

Post a Comment