Friday, December 10, 2010

I regret...

Day 18: Something I Regret

I kind of hesitate to write what I am thinking on this one. I am sure there are a few things I regret, and I could think of them if I really sat down and thought for a long time. This one came to my mind first (not right away) and I was kind of surprised by it. I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway. I regret that we had a baby when we did. Don't get me wrong!!! I LOVE GRANT!! and I know that if we would have waited for another time, we wouldn't have had him, so I am totally grateful that we had him when we did because he is such a blessing. But...all that aside, I wish we would have waited a little longer before starting our kid family. Our marriage was wonderful (not that it's bad now...just different) and sometimes I miss the days of just us. The freedom to take off for the evening or the weekend without regard to anything related to babies was a really nice place to be in. Things definitely change when kids come along. And, yes, things change for the better, but there will always be that little part of me that misses the times Paul and I spent together without giving a thought to anyone else. Having a family was always in our plans, but it might have been nice to have just a few more years with just the two of us. All that said...I am totally content where we are now, and I love being a mommy! Best decision of my life, but maybe not the best timing.

2 comments:

  1. Court I've been following this 30 days and I really love this post. I love the honesty you have and I couldn't agree more. I just wanted you to know I think that sometimes too. Not that I don't love Mason, but it's definitely different! :)

    ReplyDelete